We understand the transition from school and college can be daunting, not just for the young person but also for the parent. We’d like to reassure you that an apprenticeship is a positive route to gain employment in a supported environment of employer training/nurturing and Basingstoke ITEC’s regular contact and support throughout the apprenticeship.
We want your son/daughter to be successful, so we’ll provide them with interview advice to aid their success at an employer interview. An apprenticeship qualification is work related learning that will ensure they have knowledge and understanding of the role they are doing. An assessor from Basingstoke ITEC will visit the apprentice at work, every three weeks and we provide a ‘buddy’ visit too.
Our apprenticeships are real jobs with an offer of employment at the end.
The level of apprenticeship reflects the job role:
- A level 2, is a great starting point to get used to employment and develop personal skills as well as job relevant skills.
- A level 3 is equivalent to 2 ‘A’ levels and a perfect way to achieve these. The job has more responsibility and independence.
- There are opportunities to do higher level apprenticeship qualifications, right up to a degree, where the apprentice is supported by the employer (in other words, no cost to the parent).
Our Employability Traineeship programme, with technical IT, is something we have got absolutely right but continue to revise, adding new IT as requested by employers.
We front load the Traineeship with employability and interview skills, as employers are waiting to recruit via this programme.
By the second of seven weeks (it’s an intensive programme), the trainees are for example doing:
- hardware builds,
- maintaining/configuring/installing hardware and software,
- HTML, CSS, Java Script,
- IT Security
- using a ticket system (based on employer’s systems),
- developing customer support skills (for the IT industry)
We also provide lunch from a sandwich van and pay travel to and from our centre. Other discretionary financial support is sometimes available.
We bring in expertise and take the trainees on an inspirational day out. The last day was to London, to experience the underground and visit the technology exhibition at the Science Museum and they saw The City and its iconic buildings.
Six weeks work experience with the employer, prior to starting their apprenticeship. This completes the Traineeship and provides the opportunity of assessing their chosen career path.
We have a high level of repeat business and know our employers well.
We are different to many other providers, as we offer so much individual support. Look no further.